Day 6 – 21 Jan 2013 (PMS Day 16)
Btw, on 19th Jan (PMS Day 14), we received a text from Dr. A – from total 10 oocytes I got, 2 were immature, 8 were injected and numbers of oocytes down to 5.

On PMS Day 16, we were scheduled to see the embryologist on 10.00 am, we found out that – from total 5 oocytes only 2 can survived. I shocked and my tears started to welling up. I thought I will end up with many embryos. Our embryologist started to comfort us try to explain we actually have a good embryos condition, a semi-compact and a 10 cells embryos.

However, I still feel numb and feel like a total failure…, we ended up having no embryos to freeze.

My 2 embryos transferred lasted for 15 minutes only. This procedure was performed under ultrasound guidance and was no more uncomfortable than a pap smear. My bladder was almost full when the procedure about to get started. They said full bladder provides an acoustic window that allows the doctor to see the uterus more easily.

I didn’t get into so much details about the procedures, but as far as I know once the catheter tip was in place, the embryos were deposited and the catheter was removed. The embryologist then checked the catheter to ensure that the embryos have been released. Sometimes, the embryos could stick inside of the catheter.

After the transfer, I was taken to recovery room to rest for about 30 minutes. Then, a nurse came by and helped me administered Crinone vaginally. Later on, I was transferred to regular patient room to get a bed rest and asked not to mobile until 05.00 pm. I was instructed to take Dydrogesterone (2x a day), Acetosal and  Progesterone Vaginal Gel.

Medication Lists:
Dydrogesterone, Acetosal


Leave a Reply