Hi! We have been married for 4+ years. For the first 2 years of our marriage, we were busy living life, we got a chance to explore all facets of childfree living. And when another year went by and pregnancy just didn’t happen. We take the time to discuss further, and by the time we felt any semblance of ‘baby-lust’, I was almost 36 years old. However, after try to conceive naturally for 4 years with much frustration on my monthly routine PMS, we finally decided to opt for IVF.

Hence, I’d like share my IVF experience as I have received much support and encouragement from reading posts on internet. I sincerely hope everyone who is going through IVF will get her success with healthy baby born on their 1st cycle. 

Where to go for IVF?

After giving so much thought, consideration and research (online/ offline), we decided to go to Dr. Ivan of Morula IVF Jakarta, as we considered ‘not the nearest’ but at least the most reliable and reputable clinic in Jakarta. In this blog, we most likely to pen name him as Dr. I, the guru of IVF. Dr Ivan suggested we could try a few cycles of IUI and then move on to IVF. However, I don’t have much patience and decided to try IVF straight away.

Day 1 – 7th Jan 2013 (PMS Day 2)
By the time we have our initial consultation booked today, we had been ordered by Dr. Augustine (Communication Team) to go through a battery of screening tests such as endocrinology, hematology, chemist, and immuno-serological tests. So we just had to bring along all our previous records which results were all within average.

At this initial consultation, I only needed to have an internal ultrasound to check the location of ovaries and count number of follicles which end up about 11 follicles. After getting the base figures, I was given a start dosage of 225 IU of Gonal-F injection for 4 days. Dr. I explained and prescribed my medication lists on daily basis and scheduled Ovum Pick Up on 17th or 18th Jan if everything is right on the track.
Talking about daily injection, we agreed to ask the nurse to give me a sample shot for the 1st time as we are unable to commute back and forth everyday for a shot. I hoped DH would be able to give me a majority of my shots for the next days. Fortunately, he managed to do that and we both actually got over our fears. Dr. I asked us to go for a blood test and internal ultrasound on PMS day 6.

Medication Lists:
FSH (Follicle Stimulating Hormone) is used in IVF cycles to stimulate your ovaries to produce multiple mature eggs. FSH is taken as subcutaneous injections daily. Ie. Gonal-F Pen 900 IU, Instruction To Inject Gonal-F


Leave a Reply