Pears are my absolute favorite fruit, I always stocked them in my fridge all the time.  When I ran out of red dates (hong zhao), solomon’s seal (yu zhu), codonopsis root (dang shen) to cook this recipe. I just used wolfberries (go ji), astragalus root (huang qi), ginger, and pear instead.
Ingredients:
-        1 whole chicken
-        2 tablespoon wolfberries
-        4 -5 slices of astragalus root
-        1 ginger
-        1 pear, peeled and cored
-        salt to taste
How to cook:
-        Pre boil the chicken first and throw out the initial boiling water. Put aside.
-      Put all ingredients inside and bring to boil starting with ginger, astragalus root then chicken and wolfberries.
-        Simmer on low fire for at least 1 hour. Last 15 minutes put in the pear.
-        And finally add salt to taste. Serve hot.  


Leave a Reply